Several individuals with strong open water swimming ties populate the recently announced FINA Committees, Commissions and Panels:
• Paulo Frischknecht of Portugal (shown on left), Dennis Miller of Fiji and Coaracy Nunes Filho of Brazil are members of the 22-member FINA Bureau
• Coaracy Nunes Filho is also the Vice Chairman of the Legal Commission
• Dr. Jim Miller is a member of the Sports Medicine Committee.
• Pierre Lafontaine of Canada is a member of the Coaches Commission while Paulo Frischknecht of Portugal is its FINA Bureau Liaison.
• Petar Stoychev of Bulgaria is on the Athletes Committee along with a host of other Olympic pool swimming heroes.
Also, the FINA list of open water swimming officials commissioned until 2012 are posted here. The FINA list of open water swimming officials commissioned until 2010 are posted here.
Photo of Paulo Frischknecht by Aqualoja.