Chloe Sutton, America’s Olympic 10K Marathon Swim representative, has been leading a busy post-Olympic schedule. On September 28th in Malibu, California, Chloe will appear in the star-studded Malibu Invitational, sponsored by Oceana, to help raise funds for Lyon Herron who is fighting cancer.
Then she travels to San Francisco to race in the highly competitive RCP Tiburon Mile for $10,000. Immediately after that race, she heads to the White House to meet President Bush again with her Olympic teammates.
Besides Chloe, several Hollywood actors and legendary pro surfers will show their ocean prowess on longboards at the Malibu Invitational. These surfing actors will include:
• Simon Baker, a Golden Globe nominee for the new CBS TV show, the Mentalist, has also appeared in LA Confidential, The Devil Loves Prada and The Ring 2.
• Carmine Giovinazzo who stars in CSI: NY and has also appeared in Black Hawk Down, For Love Of The G ame, Red Zone and In Enemy Hands.
• Jesse Metcalfe who starred on Desperate Housewives and Passions.
• John Savage who has appeared in Message In A Bottle, The New World, Carnivale, Summer of Sam, White Squall and The Godfather: Part III.
• Veronica Kay Baker, a professional model and surfer.
Given Chloe's talents in the open water, it is natural that she supports an organization like Oceana, the largest international organization focused solely on protecting the world’s oceans.
Photo of Chloe Sutton at the pre-Olympic training camp with Dr. Genadijus Sokolovas. Photo by Colin A Gift.