The 25 finalists for the men's Olympic 10K Marathon Swim were just confirmed by FINA.
The race will be shown live online by NBC starting at 6:00 pm on August 20th. More details will be provided later.
Who do you think will win? Vote on the poll on the left.
1. Damian Blaum, Argentina
2. Ky Hurst, Australia
3. Brian Ryckeman, Belgium
4. Allan Do Carmo, Brazil
5. Petar Stoychev, Bulgaria
6. Tong Xin, China
7. Rostislav Vitek, Czech Republic
8. Mohamed El Zanaty Metwaly Mez, Egypt
9. Jose Francisco Hervas, Spain
10. Gilles Rondy, France
11. David Davies, Great Britain
12. Thomas Lurz, Germany
13. Gianniotis Spyridon, Greece
14. Csaba Gercsak, Hungary
15. Valerio Cleri, Italy
16. Luis Escobar, Mexico
17. Maarten van der Weijden, Netherlands
18. Arseniy Lavrentyev, Portugal
19. Chad Ho, South Africa
20. Vladimir Dyatchin, Russia
21. Evgeny Drattsev, Russia
22. Saleh Mohammad, Syria
23. Igor Chervynskiy,Ukraine
24. Mark Warkentin, USA
25. Erwin Maldonado, Venezuela
Because Daniel Katzir of Israel, who originally qualified for the Olympic 10K final, did not meet the Olympic qualification standards of his national federation, Igor Chervynskiy of Ukraine was selected as his replacement based on the results of the second qualification race in Beijing on June 1.
Photo by Pei Qingsheng at the Olympic 10K qualification race in Beijing.
Copyright © 2008 by World Open Water Swimming Association