Monday, November 30, 2009

Theodore Yach Completes Ultra Swim In Cape Town

Theodore Yach completed his 29.5K two-way crossing between Three Anchor Bay in Cape Town, South Africa to Robben Island in 12-13°C (53-55°F water) yesterday.

"I am relieved and elated to have completed this swim for the on behalf of the Cadiz Development Fund ."

"I could not have done it all without the unbelievable support of my family , friends and colleagues all over the world as well as the team on the day. The messages since the swim have been overwhelming in their number as well their fantastic content
," announced an appreciative Theodore.

His The Theodore Yach Ultra Swim took 10 hours and 39 minutes and raised over R100,000 (US$13,568) in donations for the Cadiz Open Water Swimming Development Fund which assists disadvantaged swimmers, but it was not easy. "This dolphin arrived and gave me a firm nudge in my ribs. Then I was stung by jellyfish about 40 times on my face, under my arms, even in my costume."

Copyright © 2010 by Steven Munatones

No comments: