Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Focusing On Swimming

America's best crossover swimmer and 2008 Olympian Chloe Sutton announced she is now, officially, a professional swimmer.

Her long-awaited decision will allow her to finally collect on the prize money available to her in the pool and open water, the sponsorship opportunities and the training support funds she has passed up her entire career - one in which she has proven herself to be a force in both in pool and open water at the world-class level.

She explained her decision to Garrett McCaffrey on Swimming World TV.

"It is a hard decision to give up the opportunity to swim in college [in America where she would have to remain an amateur to compete]. I want to get the world records; I want to get the gold medals. I want to focus on swimming...do it for as long as I can...focus on it and accomplish it."

"It was a long, hard decision, but I know I made the right decision for me."

Chloe has won US$20,000 outright in two open water races alone: the 2006 and 2007 RCP Tiburon Miles and has a very bright future at the highest echelons in the pool and open water swimming worlds. Furthermore, because she speaks well and is personable with swimming fans and the media, we foresee sponsors very much appreciating her efforts both in and out of the water.

Copyright © 2009 by World Open Water Swimming Association

No comments: