Allan do Carmo (143 points) and Ana Marcela Cunha (146 points) were announced winners of the 2009 Brazilian Marathon Swimming Championships after the last 5K race in Inema last weekend.
After a long FINA professional swim season where they traveled all over the world, Allan and Ana had enough stamina to win back home. The point totals are below.
Ana won the 5K race in 58:29 over Isabelle Longo (58:59) and Izabela Fortini (59:10). Felipe Alcântara won the men's race in 55:33 over Allan (55:38) and Samuel de Bona (55:48).
Ana, Isabelle, Allan and Felipe will represent Brazil in the South American Games (ODESUR) in March 2010 before focusing on the 2010 World Open Water Swimming Championships in Canada in July 2010.
1. Ana Marcela Cunha (Unisanta/SP) - 146 points
2. Catarina Ganzeli (Gran São João/SP) - 97 points
3. Fernanda Góes (Costa Verde/BA) - 96 points
4. Pâmela Engel (ACEB/BA) - 88 points
5. Thaís Santana (AERT/ES) - 79 points
1. Allan do Carmo (ACEB/BA) - 143 points
2. Carlos Pavão (GNU/RS) - 100 points
3. Fábio Lima (GNU/RS) - 100 points
4. Samuel de Bona (GNU/RS) - 97 points
5. Matheus Evangelista (GNU/RS) - 91 points
Photo of Allan do Carmo by Aqualoja in the Portuguese leg of the FINA 10KM Marathon Swimming World Cup.