After eight grueling FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix events conducted this year in Santa Fe (Argentina), Rosario (Argentina), Viedma (Argentina), Sumidero Canyon (Mexico), Napoli (Italy), Lake Ohrid (Macedonia), Lac St-Jean (Canada) and Lac Memphremagog (Canada), and one more marathon swim to go in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) in October, the top 10 professional marathon male swimmers is below.
Petar will wrap up his ninth consecutive FINA Grand Prix title with a finish in Dubai.
1. Petar Stoychev (Bulgaria) - 119 points (shown above)
2. Damián Blaum (Argentina) - 90
3. Alexander Studzinky (Germany) - 61
4. Gabriel Villagoiz (Argentina) - 46
5. Rodolfo Valenti (Italy) - 33
5. Tomi Stefanovsky (Macedonia) - 33
7. Rostislav Viteki (Czech Republic) - 30
8. Joanes Hedel (France) - 29
9. Andrea Volpini (Italy) - 26
9. David Browne (Australia) - 26
Photo of Petar Stoychev by Skip Storch at the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame ceremonies.