Friday, August 22, 2008

London 2012 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim

David Davies told the BBC after his Olympic 10K Marathon Swim, "For the last part of it I was delirious, I wanted it so bad. I've given it everything - the stretcher at the end was a bit mad but I've got something to show for it. I felt a bit violated to be honest, people swimming all over me, and the last lap was a real struggle."

The Guardian newspaper reported the following post-race comments by Davies, "I feel bloated, sick and achey and my right hip is agony. I just want to crawl into my bed and stay there for a few days. I'm not used to being swum over by angry Russians and Greeks. This has really given me a new lease of life. I'll be working my arse off over the next four years to go one better."

Four years from now, the London Olympic Organizing Committee plans the 2012 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim to be held in the Serpentine Lake in famous Hyde Park in central London.

Photo shows 4th-place Angela Maurer sprinting alongside bronze-medalist Cassandra Patten of the U.K.

Copyright © 2008 by World Open Water Swimming Association

No comments: